October 23, 2008

Raevn's Nest Art Retreat

RAEvN's Nest Art Retreat was so great! http://www.raevns-nest-art-retreat.com/ Thank God it was a huge success and there will be one in 2009, but will be held the fourth weekend of October.:Thursday October 22 - Sunday October 25, 2009. Above are my cohorts and new BFF, June "Faff" as she accidentaly got named while i was high on mirgraine medication!
Below is the charm i created with shrinky dinks for the swap, my Chunky page (both front and back) for the Chunky books we recieved at the retreat and lastly my new ATC card for this retreat. This time I was inspired by my grandfather and it inspired me to change my blog heading. This is the first time i have ever done charms or chunky pages and it was a good challenge and lots of fun to make.










Friday, I took Judy Wise, Encaustic Collage class. Here is a Wonderful photo of her looking suprised I created a decent encaustic collage! (tee-hee) it was so cool to cover a collage in beeswax... it gives the art an interesting look that i plan on exploring a little further!

I also took Judy Wise's Artful journal class on Saturday which i really enjoyed becaue she had us make various backround pages and gave us lot of ideas for starting your journal page and one of the pages we drew our portrait and I acutally found this exercise fun!
I took the Michael DeMeng class Friday night which was the Matchbook Reliquaries. I love the idea of making little shrines out of matchbooks and did the best i could in 2 hours! Laurie Mika put a little rub&buff on the jewels so they did not look to new! thanks, Laurie!

2 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Wow, I love your matchbook shrine. The blue just pops against the background. I bought one of these from Michael but now I want to make one of my own. xo

June Pfaff Daley said...

Hey new BFF! I love your blog and fun header! Can't wait to do RN again, but hopefully we'll be able to get together sooner. keep posting...your work is awesome. xo